Funny fashion: the joke’s on u

8:42 PM 0 Comments

I’m not someone without a sense of humour, but I’ve traditionally drawn the line at humorous fashion. Sweaters bearing witty bon mots leave me stony-faced, even on six-year-olds.Likewise: novelty phone covers, luxury bags smothered in cartoon stickers, pom-pom key rings with cutesy faces, and anything created by Jeremy Scott since he took over at Moschino (above). Although the success of that label since he did would suggest I’m seriously out of sync with what tickles the rest of the world’s ribs.But I was surprised, while browsing the sales for po-faced bargains in humourless shades of navy and slate grey, to find myself drawn to a pale-blue cotton jumpsuit embroidered with the bodies of two swans in profile. Not something that anyone weaned on to solid foods should be seen in, and yet I gave the swans a wry smile.Next to them, a shirt with the edges embroidered in the silhouette of a face prompted a short exhalation of amusement, almost a laugh. They were both pieces by the Italian label Vivetta – beautiful, surrealist and witty. Clearly, humour is subjective – one designer’s hilarious sartorial riposte is another’s SOH fa -  

भिडियो हेर्न तलको विज्ञापनलाई हटाउनुहोस

Unknown

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: